SARASOTA, FL. – The Sarasota Police Department Traffic Unit is investigating a deadly motorcycle and vehicle crash that happened on Monday, around 12 p.m., in the City of Sarasota.
Officers responded to a vehicle versus motorcycle crash near the intersection of Fruitville Road and Lockwood Ridge Road.
Police say the preliminary information suggests a vehicle was traveling eastbound on Fruitville Road and a motorcycle was traveling westbound on Fruitville Road. For unknown reasons at this time, they collided at the intersection.
The driver of the motorcycle, an adult male, died as a result of injuries sustained in the crash. The name of the driver of the motorcycle is being withheld while the next of kin is notified.
The driver of the vehicle, an adult female, stayed on the scene and was cooperative with the officers.
The Sarasota Police Department Traffic Unit and Criminalistics Unit responded to the scene. The intersection of Fruitville Road and Lockwood Ridge Road was closed for several hours for the investigation.
All lanes have since reopened. The crash remains under investigation by the Sarasota Police Department Traffic Unit.
- Bucs Dominate And Still Feel They Can Play Better
- Two Florida Teachers Arrested After Drinking, Entering Wrong Home And Shooting Man
- Frontier Airlines Denies Boarding For Florida Family Taking Child To Boston For Medical Care Over Mask
- Levin: Florida Gov. DeSantis Is ‘Very Impressive,’ And ‘Done A Helluva Job’ Handling COVID
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon