SARASOTA, FL. – The Sarasota Police Department executed a search warrant at a home at 1331 15th Street, Sarasota on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, just after 9 a.m.
Two adults were arrested, and illegal narcotics and a firearm were seized from the house.
Rodney L. Austin, 42, of Sarasota, who is a one-time convicted felon for Trafficking in Cocaine (28 to 200 Grams) was arrested and is facing charges of:
- Trafficking in Cocaine of more than 200 Grams
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Oxycodone)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance (Synthetic Cannabinoids)
- Possession of Marijuana of more than 20 Grams
- Possession of a Firearm by a Florida Convicted Felon
- Possession of Structure for Trafficking in Controlled Substances
Jason L. Austin, 26, of Sarasota, was also arrested and is facing charges of Violation of Probation.
The search warrant was obtained by the Sarasota Police Department after complaints from residents in the area and numerous undercover drug buys.
The following firearm and illegal narcotics were seized from the home:
- 377.1 Grams of Cocaine (hidden in a divider wall)
- 30.7 Grams of Marijuana
- 6 Oxycodone Pills (schedule 2 controlled substance)
- 5.7 Grams of Synthetic Cannabinoids
- Taurus G2 9mm Handgun with a magazine with 9mm rounds inside (hidden in a divider wall)
- $6,857 in U.S. currency
This case remains an active and ongoing investigation. Anyone with any information is asked to call the Sarasota Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at 941-263-6070.