ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. – The St. Petersburg Museum of History is excited to announce it will host the 2023 Preservation Summit and Expo on Friday, May 19 from 10 am-3 pm.
The event is open and free to the public.
A partnership between Preserve the Burg, Pinellas County, and the Museum of History, the event will feature over 20 vendors, demonstrations, and feature presentations, including keynote speaker Melissa Wyllie, CEO and President of the Florida Trust for Historic Presentation.
In the news: Clearwater Police Department Partners With FDOT District Seven For Safer Roads
The Museum’s galleries will be open, featuring:
- Civil Rights in the Sunshine State – Nearly 100 photographs and panels detail the story of the Civil Rights struggle in Florida. Presented by The Residences at 400 Central and the Red Apple Group.
- Flight One Gallery – The only functioning replica of the Benoist, the world’s first commercial airliner, similar to what Tony Jannus flew in his historic 1914 flight.
- Schrader’s Little Cooperstown – Certified by Guinness, the World’s Largest Collection of Autographed Baseballs!
- St. Petersburg Gallery – Artifacts and pieces from the early days of St. Pete to now, featuring items from the world-famous Webb’s City.
- The Odditorium – A collection of unique pieces that have found their way to St. Pete, including a 3,000-year-old mummy.
- Piers Through The Years – A journey through the history of St. Pete’s downtown waterfront piers. From the Railroad Pier of 1889 to the current-day St. Pete Pier.
WHAT: Preservation Summit and Expo
WHEN: Friday, May 19
TIME: 10 am – 3 pm
WHERE: St. Petersburg Museum of History – 335 2nd Ave NE – On The St. Pete Pier
PARKING: City parking is available on the St. Pete Pier’s Dolphin Lot or Sundial Parking Garage.
Android Users, Click To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. Follow Us On Facebook and Twitter. Signup for our free newsletter.
We can’t do this without your help; visit our GiveSendGo page and donate any dollar amount; every penny helps.
Login To Facebook From Your Browser To Leave A Comment