TAMPA, Fla. – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Wheelchair Football Team is hosting open tryouts for its 2023 squad that will be one of 11 national teams competing in the USA Wheelchair Football League this season.
Tryouts will be Saturday, June 10, from noon to 3 p.m. Lesley “Les” Miller, Jr. All People’s Community Park and Life Center.
Player requirements to try out for the 2023 team:
- Be at least 18 years or older as of Aug. 1, 2023
- Have a permanent physical disability which consistently reduces the function of the lower limbs
- Have an elite performance sport wheelchair
- Be able to compete in all USA Wheelchair Football League competitions
- Participate in at least one practice a week between June 19 and Nov. 1
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Wheelchair Football Team will host one of this year’s competitions. The league is the first of its kind for adults with physical disabilities who are looking to play America’s favorite sport.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers Wheelchair Football Team is managed by Hillsborough County Parks & Recreation.
The USA Wheelchair Football League is a program of “Move United,” a nonprofit organization devoted to promoting parasports among youths and adults with physical disabilities.
League expansion was made possible through the NFL Salute to Service Award and the Bob Woodruff Foundation.
We can’t do this without your help; visit our GiveSendGo page and donate any dollar amount; every penny helps.