The New York Times mentioned the now-famous Loudoun County Public Schools sexual assault incident for the first time in an Oct. 27 article on the Virginia gubernatorial race.
The article portrays the rape of a high school student in a school restroom by a boy wearing a skirt as “a sexual assault case that revived Republican criticism of gender-inclusive bathroom policies in schools.”
The authors’ commented that conservative media have “lavished national attention on local events,” including the rape case in Loudoun County and makes no further mention of the incident or the ensuing scandal.
A female Loudoun County student was raped in a school bathroom by a male student wearing a skirt on May 28; the perpetrator was found guilty Tuesday. The Loudoun County school board held public comment in June on a transgender bathroom policy during which Superintendent Scott Ziegler denied any knowledge of sexual assaults in school restrooms.
Ziegler had in fact sent an email to the school board detailing the incident the day it happened, WTOP Radio reported. The attacker allegedly sexually assaulted another student in a school classroom months later.
The New York Times has not published an article about the case and only briefly mentioned it in the related article. The Times did not respond to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s requests for comment.
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Claims Another Win, Appellate Court Overruled Judges Block On Universal Masking Ban In Schools
- POLL: Growing Number Of Americans Want Increased Funding For Police
- Trump Jr. Salutes Liberal Washington Post Backtracking From ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Whitewash Attempt
- Frontier Airlines Denies Boarding For Florida Family Taking Child To Boston For Medical Care Over Mask
- Florida Senator Claims Surgeon General Ignored Mask Request, But Huddles With Democrats While Maskless
- DeathSantis? Florida Now Sports America’s Lowest COVID Infection Rate
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon