A traveling Florida drug dealer was arrested after authorities learned of a scheduled drop of dope and intercepted the goods.
According to investigators, on January 23, 2023, detectives with the Indian River County Sheriff’s Special Investigations Unit learned of a narcotics delivery scheduled to take place to an unknown recipient in the Whispering Palms neighborhood.
Through their investigation, detectives confirmed that 25-year-old Davon Taylor, of Oxford, Florida, would be traveling to Indian River County to deliver 1 pound of Methamphetamine that was destined to be distributed in our neighborhoods.
In the news: Florida Gov. DeSantis Vows Life Sentence For Rainbow Fentanyl Dealers Targeting Kids
Taylor arrived in town during the evening hours of January 23, 2023. As detectives closed in, Taylor attempted to flee and ran off behind the residence and was seen reaching toward his waistband.
Taylor was apprehended after a brief foot chase, and a gallon-sized storage bag containing approximately 1 pound of methamphetamine was recovered.
Taylor was transported to the Indian River County Jail and charged as follows:
- Trafficking a Controlled Substance (Methamphetamine)
- Unlawful Use of a Two-Way Communication Device
- Tamper with or Destroy Evidence
- Possession of a Controlled Substance with the Intent to Sell or Deliver
- Lease, Own, or Rent a Conveyance for the Purpose of Trafficking a Controlled Substance
- Resisting Arrest Without Violence
- Driving While License Suspended
Taylor was booked in the Indian River County Jail and his bond was set at $222,000.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. Follow Us On Facebook Here Or Twitter Here.
Login To Facebook From Your Browser To Leave A Comment