August 7, 2020
By: Jim Frankowiak
HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla.- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has introduced new features on the farmers.gov website that are to make it easier for farmers to hire H-2A workers.
The changes are to help farmers navigate the complex H-2A program that is administered by the Department of Labor (DOL), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and State Department so hiring a farmworker is an easier process.
The primary new features on Farmers.gov include:
• A real-time dashboard that enables farmers to track the status of their eligible employer and visa applications for temporary non-immigrant worker;
• Streamlined login information so farmers with existing accounts can save multiple applications tracking number for quick look up at any time;
• Easy access to the DOL Foreign Labor Application Gateway (FLAG);
• Enables farmers to track time-sensitive actions taken in the course of Office of Foreign Labor Certification’s (OFLC) adjudication of temporary labor certification applications; and
• Allowing farmers to access all application forms on-line
Additional information can be found at www.farmers.gov/manage/h2a
Publishers Note: While The Free Press will always be free for our readers, and ad-supported, we are asking our loyal readers to consider a monthly donation of $3 to maintain our local journalism and help us grow, as we ramp up ad sales locally.
We thank you all for your consideration and supporting local journalism.