TAMPA, Fla. – The public COVID-19 coronavirus testing site at the University of South Florida’s main campus in north Tampa has reopened.
Testing there was temporarily suspended in November as campus operations transitioned through the holidays.
The site is located in the parking lot adjacent to the USF Health Therapy (MDT) building, 3515 E. Fletcher Ave., and is open three days a week.
In addition to drive-thru testing, the USF location can accommodate people who arrive on foot or by bicycle. Appointments are required and can be made by going to HCFLGov.net/COVIDTesting. To make an appointment by phone, call (888) 513-6321 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Including the USF site, there are five public locations in Hillsborough County that provide convenient access to free COVID-19 tests. That includes the large state-run site across the street from Raymond James Stadium.
There is no out-of-pocket cost to be tested. A doctor’s note or prescription is not required. Health insurance information is being collected in accordance with federal guidance; however, individuals will not be asked to pay a copay or deductible. Individuals who do not have health insurance will still be tested.
Here is a rundown of the testing sites:
- Rapid Testing- Results are processed on site and are available the same day. PCR testing is available upon request.
- Lee Davis Community Resource Center, 3402 N. 22nd St., Tampa. Open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., first-come, first-serve.
- Raymond James Stadium, 4201 N. Dale Mabry Highway in Tampa, west of Dale Mabry Highway between Tampa Bay Boulevard and Columbus Drive. Access the site via Tampa Bay Boulevard. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., first-come, first-serve.
- PCR Testing- A PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test detects genetic material of the virus. Processed by a lab, PCR test results can take approximately 2-3 days, but generally are more accurate than rapid testing.
- The University of South Florida, 3515 E. Fletcher Ave. in Tampa, in the parking lot adjacent to the USF Health Therapy (MDT) building. By appointment.
- Vance Vogel Sports Complex, 13012 Bullfrog Creek in Riverview. By appointment.
- William Owen Pass Sports Complex, 1300 Sydney Dover Road in Dover. By appointment.
For more details, including how to make an appointment, what to bring with you to the site, and what to expect when you arrive there, go to HCFLGov.net/COVIDTesting, or call (888) 513-6321.