Today, Governor DeSantis announced Terran Orbital’s decision to choose Merritt Island for the construction of its Commercial Spacecraft and Constellation Facility, bringing valuable spacecraft manufacturing opportunities and capabilities to the State of Florida by investing more than $300 million in new construction and equipment.
This will be the largest satellite manufacturing facility in the world. The project is expected to create approximately 2,100 new jobs with an estimated annual average wage of $84,000 by late 2025.
“I am excited to announce that Terran Orbital will be investing $300 million in the Space Coast to build the largest satellite manufacturing facility in the world,” said Governor Ron DeSantis. “Satellite manufacturing is and will continue to be an important part of the economy in the Space Coast, and with this announcement we are upping the ante. In Florida we are going to continue to take the lead on space by investing in infrastructure, training highly skilled workers and maintaining an economic climate that allows companies like Terran Orbital to thrive. I congratulate them on a great decision to come to Florida.”
“We are pleased to partner with Space Florida,” said Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Terran Orbital Marc Bell. “Not only will we be able to expand our production capabilities to meet the growing demand for our products, but we will also bring valuable spacecraft manufacturing opportunities and capabilities to the State of Florida by investing more than $300 million in new construction and equipment and creating approximately 2,100 new jobs with an average wage of $84,000 by the end of 2025.”
The approximately 660,000 square foot, custom-designed facility will enable Terran Orbital to manufacture the entire small satellite life cycle. Located at the LLF on the east side of the runway,
Terran Orbital’s campus will provide space vehicle assembly; printed circuit board assembly manufacturing; CNC machining and additive manufacturing; space vehicle module, subsystems, and electro-mechanical assembly; harness and cabling production; and qualification and acceptance testing.
The three-building development will also include administrative and office space.
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- Not Bright: Florida Man Attempts To Trade-In Stolen Car To The Dealership He Stole It From
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
- Florida Man Sticks His Hand In A Jaguar Cage At The Zoo, Jaguar 1 – Florida Man 0
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Announces Actions Against Developers Associated with Hilltop Village in Jacksonville
- Biden Administration Unveils Its First Regulation To Curb Greenhouse Gases
- Military Recognition: Boatswain’s Mate 3rd Class Nicole Zapata, From Tampa, Florida
- Florida Woman Snags A $1,000,000 Winner From Publix
- Military Recognition: Tampa Sailor Signals Helicopter on U.S. Navy Warship
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.