A Florida man and woman chose the wrong street to stop on and take a snooze.
According to deputies, on September 27, 2022, while patrolling the area of SW CR 232 in Gilchrist County, Deputy Jennifer Williams saw a suspicious vehicle that was parked on the side of the road.
Investigators say the car had a broken window and the occupants of the vehicle were asleep.
Deputy Williams contacted the driver and passengers of the vehicle, and a narcotics investigation ensued with the assistance of two other detectives which led to the arrest of the driver, Allen William Drost of Groveland, Florida, and passenger, Rhonda Lee Webb of Ocala.
Drost, who happens to have a total of 20 prior charges in Florida with 3 felony convictions and 3 misdemeanor convictions, was charged with:
- Possession of Controlled Substance (Methamphetamine) $20,000
- Possession of Controlled Substance (Amphetamine) $20,000
- Possession of Controlled Substance (Dilaudid) $20,000
- Possession of Controlled Substance (Alprazolam) $20,000
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia $5,000
- Total Bond $85,000
His passenger, Webb was charged with:
- Possession of controlled substance (Methamphetamine) $5,000
- Possession of controlled substance (Phentermine) $5,000
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia $2,000
- Total Bond $12,000
Webb has 2 previous charges resulting in no prior convictions.