Americans’ trust in President Joe Biden to offer accurate information on COVID-19 is at its lowest point ever, according to a new poll.
Just 45% of Americans say they trust Biden to give them correct information on the coronavirus, while 53% say they don’t trust him very much or not at all, according to the results of the Axios/Ipsos Coronavirus Index, conducted between Sept. 24-27. Trust in Biden has dropped substantially since the president took office, with 58% saying they trusted Biden in an Axios/Ipsos poll conducted between Jan. 22-25.
Similarly, only 49% of Americans say they trust the federal government to provide accurate COVID-19 information, down from 54% two weeks ago.
“Delta and other issues have really undermined the public’s perception,” Cliff Young, president of Ipsos public affairs, told Axios, saying that the lack of a clear resolution to the pandemic and COVID-19 restrictions have contributed to a decline in trust.
Predictably, there is a substantial partisan divide in trust, with 81% of Democrats, 42% of independents and 11% of Republicans saying they trust the president to provide accurate information on COVID-19. Biden’s decline among independents has been the largest, dropping 17 percentage points since he took office.
Fewer Americans are also seeing COVID-19 as threatening as they did earlier in the pandemic, with only 13% saying in-person gatherings with their families pose a threat to their health, and 12% saying eating in a restaurant is a risky activity. These numbers are each down five percentage points from two weeks ago.
The poll sampled 1,105 adults between Sept. 24–27 and had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.2 percentage points.
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Announces Actions Against Developers Associated with Hilltop Village in Jacksonville
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
- Florida Man Sticks His Hand In A Jaguar Cage At The Zoo, Jaguar 1 – Florida Man 0
- A Message From Florida’s New Public Health Chief: The State Will ‘Completely Reject Fear As A Way Of Making Policies In Public Health’
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.