SARASOTA, Fla. – Lashay D. Smith, 32, of Bradenton, has been arrested by the Sarasota Police Department and is facing multiple felony charges following a traffic stop on Monday.
On August 29, 2022, just before 5 p.m., Sarasota Police officers stopped a vehicle in the 1900 block of Orange Avenue, Sarasota, for illegal tint. When officers searched the vehicle and Smith, they found illegal narcotics and paraphernalia including:
- 45.9 grams of Fentanyl
- 14 grams of Hydromorphone
- 40.1 grams of Cocaine
- 33.8 grams of Marijuana
- 4.5 grams of Oxycodone
- 2 Oxycodone/Acetaminophen pills
Smith was given multiple traffic citations including Sunscreen Material on a Windshield (for the illegal tint) and No Valid Driver’s License. Smith is facing multiple felony charges for:
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance (Fentanyl)
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance (Hydromorphone)
- Trafficking in Cocaine (28-199 grams)
- Possession of Marijuana within 1000′ of a School with Intent
- Sale/Possession with Intent of a Controlled Substance within 1000′ of a School/Child Care
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
Smith was transported to the Sarasota County Jail where he is being held on a $169,000 bond.