CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. – Superintendent Himmel recently requested and received approval from the Florida Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Services Office to allow the Citrus County School District to operate under the Summer Food Service Program through December 18, 2020.
Under the Summer Food Service Program, all children 18 years old and younger may receive FREE Breakfast and Lunch.
For our Brick and Mortar students:
- Free school breakfast and lunch at school Monday through Friday.
- On Thursdays from 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 pm, parents/guardians will be allowed to pick-up weekend meals for their students. Students do not have to be in the vehicle to receive meals, however, Parents/Guardians must provide the first and last name of the child, the school name, and grade your child is in.
- Weekend Meals will consist of 2 days of school lunches, 2 days of school breakfasts, 2 days of SUPER Snacks and Regular Snacks. Some items may need to be heated. The cooking instructions are here.
For our Citrus Virtual students:
- Parents/Guardians will continue to pick up meals on Mondays and Thursdays from 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 pm.
- On Mondays, students will receive 3 days of school lunches, 3 days of school breakfasts, and 3 days of SUPER Snacks and Regular Snacks. Some items may need to be heated. The cooking instructions are here.
- On Thursdays, students will receive 4 days of school lunches, 4 days of school breakfasts, and 4 days of SUPER Snacks and Regular Snacks.
Students enrolled in private schools and homeschool can also receive FREE meals through this program. Parents are asked to please contact the Citrus County Schools Food and Nutrition Service Department at 352-726-1931 Ext. 2402 for more information.
Please refer to www.citrus.nutrislice.com for locations and menus. For those students who have money on their meal account, this money can be used for Smart Snack items or la carte items. If money is not used, it will rollover to January.
Note: If your students have NOT already been approved for Free or Reduced-Price meals for the 2020-2021 SY, you MUST complete a Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application. This will insure your child will receive school meals based on your income status once the deadline for the Summer Food
Service Program occurs. If you have any questions regarding the application, please call 352-726-1931 Ext. 2432.
If you have any questions, please contact the Citrus County Schools Food and Nutrition Service Department at 352-726-1931 Ext. 2402.