TAMPA, Fla. – Tampa Bay’s favorite family-friendly Halloween event, Creatures of the Night, is returning better than ever to ZooTampa. Guests of all ages can enjoy eerie fun on select nights throughout October.
This year’s event welcomes the Swamp Witch to ZooTampa. Known to all who fear her as Blackwater Mattie, this spooky character spends her nights mixing potions and conjuring spells in the darkest corners of Florida’s musty swamps where few dare to tread. Find her and her alligator companions in the new Florida Wilds area of the Zoo.
The event is free to members and Pay For A Day ticket holders. General admission tickets are $34.95.
NEW Creatures of the Night Experiences for 2022:
- Swamp Witch Way: ZooTampa guests who are brave enough to seek out Blackwater Mattie for themselves may be lucky – or perhaps unlucky – enough to find her along Swamp Witch Way in Florida Wilds. Though she’d prefer to be left alone, she does love to bargain, so make sure you have something to trade before you venture into her cursed territory.
- New Neverland: Forever children the Lost Boys – along with their famous leader, Peter Pan – have found their way to Creatures of the Night and launched a game of never-ending hide-and-seek along Zoo Boulevard. Pranks and other rambunctious fun await.
- HooDoo Hall: Guests who dare to travel through ZooTampa’s Ituri Pass will find a Mardi Gras party festooned with flags, dripping with beads, and staffed by colorful skeletons prepared to party for eternity.
- Spooky Safari: ZooTampa has enlisted the help of two long-dead safari guides who will share their amazing adventures of the African savannah with the bravest of explorers who dare listen.
Returning Creepy Favorites:
- Twisted Tales: Perfect for ZooTampa’s youngest guests, Manatee Circle is the place where everyone’s favorite storybook villains come to life. Don’t worry, the Fairy Godmother will also be there to keep the mischievousness in check.
- Clown Carousel: Whether you find clowns frightful or delightful, you won’t want to miss Carousel Circle, where a troupe of clowns have set up shop to play pranks on passing guests and smash a whole bunch of pumpkins.
- Scarecrow Junction: The Wallaroo children’s area is the place for the little ghouls and goblins to dance with the scarecrows who’ve gathered to celebrate the season. While there, they can also try their luck at escaping the open-air HaHa Haybale Maze. New this year – Parents can grab a drink at the new Scarecrow bar.
- The Realm of the Spider Queen: Are you ready to meet Arachne, the Spider Queen? If so, find your way to the Africa Circle for a high-energy dance party presided over by the queen herself.
- The Voodoo Bar: Adult guests who need to take a break from the spooky festivities are encouraged to visit the New Orleans-themed Voodoo Bar in the Beer and Wine Garden.
- Junkyard of Broken Dreams: The bravest guests won’t want to miss this haunted house where scary dreams and urban legends have come to life.
Eerie Event Info:
- Creatures of the Night takes place on 11 select nights in October from 4pm to 10pm.
- Event nights are September 30 (members only night), Oct 1, 7-8, 14-16, 21-22, 28-30.
- Event capacity is limited. Date and time-specific tickets and reservations are strongly encouraged and the only way to guarantee admission.
- General admission tickets are $34.95 and can be purchased online at zootampa.org.
- There’s a $5 reservation fee for annual members and “Pay for a Day, Come Back All Year” ticket holders which will be reimbursed upon entry in the form of a $5 voucher valid on the event night for food and merchandise on the night of the reservation.
- Costume Note: Children (12 years of age and under) are invited to wear their most spooky Halloween attire. For the comfort and security of all guests, adults (13 years of age and up) may not wear Halloween masks, wigs, face paint, or costumes of any kind. Toy weapons are prohibited regardless of age.
For more information on the event visit: ZOOTAMPA.ORG