Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis shredded Donald Trump’s record as president, arguing that despite the rhetoric, the 45th president was a reliable ally to Democrats and their causes.
The litany of Trump’s shortcomings while in the White House included:
- A clip of a recent interview with NBC News wherein Trump said “both sides are going to like me and that it’s “a terrible thing” Iowa, Florida, and South Carolina passed what are called “heartbeat” anti-abortion bills.
- Trump telling Fox News that he named Christopher Wray as FBI Director because “people from the other side wanted Christopher Wray.”
- Trump ripping Republican lawmakers for being “petrified” of the NRA and coming out in favor of rad-flag laws and taking the guns “first.”
- “Trump tried to pass amnesty [for illegal immigrants] all four years of his presidency to please Democrats,” a move that could have provided up to 1.8 million illegals a path to citizenship.
- A 2018 clip of a Tucker Carlson report noting that Trump told the “very swamp creatures he once denounced” that he’d be “willing to accept ANY [immigration] deal they produced — even a bad one.”
- Screenshots of headlines showing Trump was willing to deal with “Establishment Republicans” to not finish the border wall.
- “In 2018, Trump compromised with Democrats — including Kamala Harris — to sign the First Step Act — a jailbreak bill that has put violent criminals back on the street.”
- “Trump promised in 2016 to prosecute Hillary Clinton and drain the swamp. But two weeks after the election, he backed down — because, as he said, he didn’t want to ‘hurt the Clintons.’”
- A Fox News report highlighting that Trump “admitted he didn’t fire [Dr. Anthony] Fauci to avoid a ‘firestorm’ from corporate media and the Left.”
- Trump confessing in 2018 that he was “unhappy” with a $1.3 trillion spending bill that failed to include funding for the wall, and then signed it. That jab was doubled with a clip of Democratic Senate Leader Chuck Schumer gloating after that 2018 spending brawl that Democrats were “really happy” with the spending bill because it approved “a number of priorities that Democrats have fought for.”
- A line from a 2019 Politico story after Trump dealt with Schumer and then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on a $2 trillion spending bill: “Every few months, President Donald Trump gets in the negotiating room with Democrats and everyone leaves happy — except for the president’s own party.”
Trump “repeatedly compromised with Democrats — and sold out conservative voters — to win praise from corporate media and the Left,” DeSantis War Room said in summing up the thread.
We can’t do this without your help; visit our GiveSendGo page and donate any dollar amount; every penny helps