Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ re-election campaign announced Friday the latest television and digital advertisement supporting Governor DeSantis being aired by the Republican Party of Florida entitled “Honor, Courage, Commitment.”
The 30-second ad is running statewide and features retired Navy Captain Dan Bean of Jacksonville, who served side-by-side with Governor DeSantis during his service in the U.S. Navy, and shares how the Governor’s service instilled principles that still guide him today.
“The Navy’s core values are honor, courage, and commitment. Governor DeSantis embodied those core values on active duty, and he embodies them every day as the Governor of our state. Governor DeSantis is a true servant leader,” said retired Navy Captain Dan Bean. “Governor DeSantis is a true servant leader.”
Background on the Governor’s military record:
- Governor DeSantis volunteered to join the U.S. Navy and was commissioned as a JAG officer.
- During his active-duty service, Governor DeSantis deployed to Iraq as an adviser to a U.S. Navy SEAL commander in support of the SEAL mission in Fallujah, Ramadi, and the rest of Al Anbar province.
- Governor DeSantis’ military decorations include the Bronze Star Medal for Meritorious Service and the Iraq Campaign Medal.
- Governor DeSantis has prioritized veterans by:
- Governor DeSantis dedicated more than $32 million to improve veteran facilities and build new state veterans’ nursing homes.
- In November 2021, Governor DeSantis announced $8.6 million toward expanding career and workforce training for military veterans and spouses seeking employment.
- He has provided scholarships for disabled veterans to attend higher education institutions.
- In April 2022, Governor DeSantis signed legislation establishing a pilot program for veteran suicide prevention.
- The Governor has led various programs such as the Salute Our Soldiers Military Loan Program and the Hometown Heroes Housing Program to assist active-duty military, veterans, and their families in the home-buying process.
- In June 2022, First Lady Casey DeSantis announced the launch of the Continue the Mission initiative, which recruits former law enforcement officers, veterans, and military spouses to be child protective investigators, Department of Children and Families case managers, and mentors to children in need. This initiative provides flexible career opportunities for former law enforcement, veterans, and military spouses who still have a desire to serve their communities.