PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. – The Lionfish Challenge rewards lionfish harvesters with prizes for their lionfish removals.
The participant who harvests the most lionfish will be crowned the Recreational Lionfish King/Queen and the Commercial Champion.
The Challenge also has a tiered prize system that allows everyone to be rewarded for their removals. The more removals, the more prizes you win. A new component this year are monthly Mini-Challenges. The winners will be announced each month and rewarded with substantial prizes.
Sign up and learn more today by visiting MyFWC.com/Lionfish.
As of this week:
- 641 people have registered.
- 157 people have submitted lionfish (150 recreational, seven commercial).
- 12,580 lionfish submitted.
- 48 checkpoints for recreational participant submissions.
Recent Mini-Challenge Winners
Most Lionfish between Aug. 21 – Sept. 1
- Prize – $500 cash
- Commercial – Isidoro Bedoya – 174 pounds of lionfish
- Northwest – Bob Gamble – 61 lionfish
- West – Jennifer Ford – 105 lionfish
- Northeast – Russell Peters – 705 lionfish
- Southeast – Shane Rasch 241 lionfish
Recent Raffle Winners
- Reef Ranger’s customized FWC lionfish long-sleeved Dry Fit shirt and 10L dry-bag
- Luke Byous
- France Mer
Upcoming Raffle Drawings
- Sept. 16 – two winners
- Sept. 30 – two winners
- Oct. 14 – four winners
- Oct. 28 – four winners
- All qualified participants (submission of 20 lionfish or 20 pounds for commercial) will be entered into drawing.