HAINES CITY, Fla. – A Haines City man, 26-year-old James Blight, was arrested on Saturday after stealing a front-end loader from a construction site, damaging property, and running over Biden political signs, has received new charges.
As Haines City Police continues the investigation continued on Tuesday, the following charges were added:
- Grand theft greater than $20,000 (theft of front-end loader)
- Trespassing on a construction site
- Felony criminal mischief (taking down fence)
- Driving with a license suspended or revoked
- Leaving the scene of a crime with property damage (damage to street signs)
- Leaving the scene of a crime with property damage (victim fence and political signs)
- Petit theft (removing political signs from private property)
- Driving an unregistered vehicle on the roadway
- Trespassing to steal yard signs
According to police, the call was received at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, and Blight was located in the area of Hinson Avenue and South Third Street while operating the equipment. The equipment had been taken from a construction site at U.S. 27 and Main Street. He was not authorized to take the equipment nor to operate it.