TAMPA, Fla. – As we prepare to enter the New Year, the City of Tampa is excited to close out 2023 with another weekend of large-scale, action-packed events.
Predictably, these events on Sunday, December 31st, will lead to a highly crowded downtown & surrounding area filled with thousands of visitors, creating potential back-ups for drivers.
The City’s Mobility Department wants you to know that traveling downtown may be slower than usual.
Sunday’s events include, but aren’t limited to:
• Saints vs. Buccaneers @1pm
• Canadiens vs. Lightning @7pm
• The ReliaQuest Bowl Parade & Pep Rally @5:30 on 7th Ave in Ybor City
• Several NYE parties (both public and private) throughout downtown
While event-parking spaces should be available, visitors are encouraged to take advantage of the FREE TECO Streetcar, which will operate through 1 a.m.
Also, AAA offers their Tow-to-Go service from 6 a.m. Tuesday, January 2nd. A tow truck will transport the driver and their vehicle to a safe location within a 10-mile radius for FREE.
This service will be available to AAA members and non-members alike – (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246)
- Drivers should plan to arrive early for their event, allotting extra time to find parking.
- Remember where you parked by taking a picture of the location as a reminder.
- Take a picture of your children. If they get lost in the crowd, a photo will assist law enforcement with locating them.
- Have a designated driver. Please DON’T drink and drive!
As always, be alert and use extra caution when navigating large crowds, paying careful attention to the many pedestrians in the area. The City of Tampa hopes you have a safe New Year’s celebration filled with laughter and cheer.
We can’t do this without your help. Visit our GiveSendGo page and donate any dollar amount; every penny helps.