HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. – Most Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, Jan. 18, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day federal holiday.
Collection of garbage, recyclables, and yard waste will continue on a normal Monday schedule in the unincorporated Hillsborough County Solid Waste Service Area. The service area includes Tampa Palms, Hunter’s Green, and New Tampa. All disposal facilities will be open.
All COVID-19 coronavirus public testing sites will be closed. Hillsborough County’s COVID-19 Coronavirus Testing and Information Line, (888) 513-6321, will remain open 24/7 for general questions related to COVID-19, but will not be making testing appointments. For more information about COVID-19 testing, go to HCFLGov.net/COVIDTesting.
Hillsborough County urges residents to protect themselves and others from COVID-19 as they observe the holiday. Avoid large crowds. Practice social distancing. Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, and don’t touch your face. Wear face coverings when around others in public.
CLOSED on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 18:
- The administrative offices of the County government
- All COVID-19 public testing sites
- Hillsborough County’s Customer Service Center at (813) 272-5900
- All libraries in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
- All County recreation centers
- The Pet Resource Center. A limited number of Animal Safety and Enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only. The emergency telephone number is (813) 744-5660.
- The Center for Development Services
- The Sunshine Line transportation service
- Public Utilities customer service centers. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be made to (813) 744-5600
OPEN on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Jan. 18:
- All conservation parks will be open. Some recreational amenities within these areas remain closed in accordance with current County operational restrictions due to COVID-19. For a complete list, visit the “Current Closures & Reopenings” link at HCFLGov.net/StaySafe.
- Skate parks
- The Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities.