PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. – Citizens are invited to stop by any one of the fourteen listed locations during the designated times to drop off their unused and expired prescription medications for safe collection and disposal – no questions asked.
Operation Medicine Cabinet is designed to educate the public and raise awareness about the problem of prescription drug abuse. The crisis has reached epidemic proportions, with prescription drugs as the number one abused drug in the United States, surpassing all other illicit drugs.
Please be aware that no bio-hazards or needles will be accepted and that the program is intended for private citizens of Pinellas County and not for commercial use.
As a reminder, drop-off sites are in the parking lot area or lobby of each location. Residents should look for a law enforcement presence at each of the selected drop-off sites.
Operation Medicine Cabinet will be held on Saturday, October 29, 2022, between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. at the following locations:
NORTH COUNTY LOCATIONS:
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office – North District Station, 2496 Bayshore Boulevard, Dunedin, 34698
- Countryside Mall (Southwest Corner) (Clearwater PD), 27001 US Highway 19 North, Clearwater, 33761
- Tarpon Springs Police Department, 444 South Huey Avenue, Tarpon Springs
- Largo Police Department, 201 Highland Avenue North, Largo 33770
- Walgreens, 103 Indian Rocks Road, Belleair Bluffs
- Walgreens, 2295 East Bay Drive, Largo
- Walgreens, 10697 Ulmerton Road, Largo
- Largo Medical Center, 201 14th Street Southwest, Largo
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, 10750 Ulmerton Road, Largo
- Walmart, 8001 US Highway 19 North, Pinellas Park
SOUTH COUNTY LOCATIONS:
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital, 501 6th Avenue South, St. Petersburg
- Kenneth City Police Department, 4600 58th Street North, Kenneth City
- HCA Florida Pasadena Hospital, 1501 Pasadena Avenue South, South Pasadena
- HCA Florida Northside Hospital, 6000 49th Street, St. Petersburg
Participating agencies have partnered with local Walgreens stores to offer additional locations for drop-off.