PASCO COUNTY, FL – An urgent reminder from Pasco County Utilities as many areas in Pasco continue to experience dry conditions with little to no rainfall: Please conserve water whenever possible and follow Pasco’s watering guidelines, regardless of your watering source.
Pasco County’s reclaimed water supply is critically low. How and when you water your lawn can put additional strain on the system, especially if your sprinkler system isn’t working correctly.
It’s important to check your sprinkler system’s settings, use the correct watering schedule and water only during your scheduled times.
Here are some effective irrigation tips that can also help you save money:
- Irrigate only on your assigned watering day
- Follow the watering schedule specific to your water source (Potable, reclaimed or well.)
- Watering is prohibited between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m., regardless of water source
- If water pressure seems low, run sprinklers between midnight – 6 a.m. on your watering day
- To avoid overwatering, use suggested run times specific to your irrigation system
- Check your system for broken or misdirected spray heads, which can wastewater
“Water conservation is always important, and during periods of extremely dry conditions, it becomes even more critical that we all do our part to conserve water – especially outdoors,” said Pasco County Utilities Customer Service Director Sandra Anderson. “We encourage everyone to consider skipping their watering day or week and consider hand-watering hot spots within the landscape where necessary.”
Pasco County Utilities has a long-standing mission to support customers and provide high-quality water, wastewater, reclaimed water, and solid waste services. Visit PascoCountyUtilities.com for service updates and more information on how to conserve water.
Support journalism by clicking here to our gofundme or sign up for our free newsletter by clicking here
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.
Login To Facebook From Your Browser To Leave A Comment