SARASOTA, Fla. – The Sarasota Police Department is investigating a burglary in the San Remo neighborhood in the City of Sarasota.
The burglary happened at a home on Tangier Way on Thursday, August 4, 2022, after 6:30 p.m.
Sarasota Police detectives believe several people entered the home while the victims were away and not at the house.
The suspects took items of high value including jewelry and personal property. No other additional information is being released at this time because of the active and ongoing investigation.
In the news: Florida Woman Critically Injured In Stabbing, Attempting To Thwart Husband’s Suicide
Residents throughout the City of Sarasota are encouraged to always:
- Lock front, back, and side doors, and install additional locks if possible,
- Install and use home security systems if possible,
- Make sure garage doors are locked and lock the door within a garage that has access to a home,
- Lock car doors and do not keep garage openers or keys inside,
- Remain vigilant. Familiarize yourself with your community,
- Exercise caution when answering the door,
- Do not keep valuables and documents in plain sight. Try to find an unusual spot to keep expensive property,
- If you see something suspicious, report it to law enforcement immediately.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Detective Steven Fergus at 941-263-6059 or leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers by calling 941-366-TIPS or online at www.sarasotacrimestoppers.com.