TAMPA, Fla. – The City of Tampa will fully close and partially close several roads today, July 4, for this year’s Boom By The Bay, showcasing the biggest fireworks show in Tampa’s history along our iconic Bayshore Boulevard.
Drivers can expect closures along Bayshore Boulevard, in addition to closures in Channelside, Downtown Tampa and to and from Harbour Island and Davis Islands.
The closures will begin at 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 4, and last until 11:00 p.m.
- Bayshore Boulevard between S. Howard Avenue and W. Brorein Street
- Davis Islands on-ramp from Bayshore Boulevard to the Davis Islands Bridge
- Davis Islands off-ramp from the Davis Islands Bridge to Bayshore Boulevard
- W. Brorein Street – 2 southern lane closures – from S. Franklin Street to Bayshore Boulevard
- S. Beneficial Drive between Channelside Drive and Harbour Place Drive
What To Expect: Boom By The Bay
This year, the City of Tampa is hosting the largest Boom by the Bay firework show yet along Bayshore Boulevard–featuring an entirely remastered show curated by Magic in the Sky – the same pyrotechnic company that works with Busch Gardens.
In addition to fireworks, residents will be able to enjoy food trucks, live music, a water ski show, family-friendly activities and more along Tampa’s downtown waterfront.
In addition, Mayor Jane Castor and Friends of the Riverwalk invite the community to don their red, white, and Bolts blue to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday and our amazing Tampa Bay Lightning during the July 4th Boat Parade.
To see a full schedule of activities and a map of events, visit BoomByTheBay.com.
In the news: Florida Boy, 11, Charged With Grand Theft After Juvenile Detention Release For Gun Store Burglary