TREASURE ISLAND, Fla. – Humpty Dumpty sat on some sand, Humpty Dumpty wanted to see some good bands. All local vendors and all local bands, surrounded by works of art created from sand, makes Sanding Ovations encore weekend one of the best event across the land!
Come see your favorite storybook fantasies in a “fantastic” light at Sanding Ovations encore weekend, this weekend, Nov. 26-27, on Treasure Island Beach.
Presented by Visit St. Pete Clearwater and the City of Treasure Island, this year’s theme is “Once Upon a Time” and features exquisite sand sculptures that will transform you into a land of storybook fantasies.
Encore Weekend Music Lineup:
Saturday, Nov. 26:
- 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. | DJ Dave
- 2-3:30 p.m. | Chris Manings
- 4-5:30 p.m. | Nathan Allen
- 6-7:30 p.m. | Cornfused
- 8-9:30 p.m. | Mad Beach Band
Sunday, Nov. 27:
- Noon-1:30 p.m. | Josh Fielding
- 2-3:30 p.m. | Dead Set
- 4-6 p.m. | DJ Johnny G
Sanding Ovations presents “Once Upon a Time,” a Sand Sculpting Exhibition and Competition” is free and open to the public. For sand sculptor bios and other information, visit sandingovationsmasterscup.com or call Treasure Island’s Parks & Recreation Department at 727-547-4575 ext. 221 or 237.
Your best option for Saturday and Sunday only is a bus shuttle that costs $5 per person round-trip, children under 10 years of age, free.
- Treasure Bay, 10315 Paradise Boulevard. Drop off and pickup locations. Pay inside the Treasure Bay Clubhouse.
- Paradise Lutheran Church, 10255 Paradise Boulevard (Church Lot opens at 1 p.m. on Sunday). Park and walk to Treasure Bay for payment and bus pickup and drop off.
Shuttle runs every 15 minutes on Saturday, Nov. 19 and 26 from noon to 11 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 20 and 27 from noon to 7 p.m.
Event Area Parking within walking distance of Sanding Ovations:
- Treasure Island Community Center, One Park Place at 106th Avenue – metered parking Treasure Island Park (Treasure Island Community Center off 104th Avenue) – $20 per day Event Parking – credit/debit cards. Hours – 11/26, 8 a.m.-11 p.m.; 12/27, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Petersburg Municipal Beach, Gulf Boulevard at 112th Avenue – metered parking Gulf Front Park, 10400 Gulf Boulevard – metered parking Sandpiper Lot, Gulf Boulevard at 100th Avenue – metered parking Treasure Island City Hall, 120 108th Avenue – metered parking. Find more parking options at MyTreasureIsland.com/Parking.
Sanding Ovations presents “Once Upon a Time,” a Sand Sculpting Exhibition and Competition” is free and open to the public. Come see what happens when master sculptors use their imaginations and turn piles of sand and buckets of water into “outSANDing” works of art.