Top Pentagon officials stated publicly for the first time during a Tuesday hearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee that they personally believed it would be a mistake to withdraw all American troops from Afghanistan.
Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley, and Commander of U.S. Central Command Gen. Kenneth McKenzie all testified.
Following the hearing, Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel released the following statement on the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on Biden’s Afghanistan Disaster:
“Biden repeatedly claimed he was never warned of the deadly consequences of his disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan. Today’s hearing shows that is not true, and Biden lied to the American people. Because of him, our enemies are empowered, America’s credibility is damaged, and Americans are still trapped behind enemy lines in Afghanistan. The buck stops with Biden, and he must be held accountable for his failures.”
Former President Trump also released a statement on Tuesday saying, “The botched and embarrassingly incompetent withdrawal from Afghanistan had nothing to do with past Administrations or things that happened “from 20 years ago,” (other than we should not have been in the Middle East in the first place!).
“The horrible “withdrawal” was caused, in particular, because the Military was taken out before American citizens and $85 Billion worth of the highest-grade Military equipment anywhere in the world. This withdrawal was developed by a child’s mind, and only the Biden Administration is responsible for it.
“When I left office, the Taliban was held at bay, we had as long as we wanted, there was no reason to rush, no soldiers were killed or even shot at for over 18 months, and if they didn’t meet certain conditions, we would have hit them very hard. But then Biden and Milley removed the Military in one of the dumbest Military moves in history, and it all began. So sad for our Nation,” Trump concluded.
There will be a closed session following the public questioning by the committee members on Tuesday afternoon.
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Announces Actions Against Developers Associated with Hilltop Village in Jacksonville
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Takes Action to Protect State From Impacts Of The Biden Border Crisis
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
- Florida Man Sticks His Hand In A Jaguar Cage At The Zoo, Jaguar 1 – Florida Man 0
- A Message From Florida’s New Public Health Chief: The State Will ‘Completely Reject Fear As A Way Of Making Policies In Public Health’
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.