WINTER HAVEN, FL. – Winter Haven Public Safety Director Charlie Bird is seeking residents of Winter Haven, who are over the age of 18, to participate in the Winter Haven Public Safety Leadership Council.
The dates for the council will be held every other Tuesday beginning in January until mid-May 2022.
The Council will consist of approximately 20 members who will serve voluntarily and meet every other Tuesday from 6 – 9 p.m. with Director Bird, Police Chief David Brannan, and agency members from both Police and Fire for a total of ten meetings. The Council will begin on January 18, 2022.
Participants will be asked to complete assignments and provide feedback on Department operations.
Members of the Council will experience hands-on activities over the course of the ten weeks while gaining a much better understanding of what it takes to operate Municipal Police and Fire Departments. Council members will participate in tours at the Polk County Jail book-in, Central County Jail and the Courthouse.
Participants will be required to serve specified timeframes at the Sheriff’s Emergency Communications Center and complete a Ride-A-Long with both Police and Fire. Participants have proven to be a valuable community resource in advising on topics that affect the Department.
Those interested in serving on the Public Safety Leadership Council can request an application by calling 863-291-6178. Applications can also be obtained by going to the Department website at www.WinterHavenPD.com and clicking the Community Services link on the homepage or send an email to email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted no later than
December 1, 2021, to be considered for the upcoming council that will begin on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. Citizens awarded the opportunity to serve will be notified no later than December 15, 2021, in order to make plans for the meeting dates.
A listing of meeting dates will be sent along with the application.
- Florida Man With Half Gallon Of Captain Morgan And Swords Sets Fire In Road, Floods Police Station
- Study: Florida Gov. DeSantis Ended Biden’s COVID Handouts, And “Kicked The Economy Into Overdrive”
- High School Student Arrested For Refusing To Wear A Mask At School
- Florida Mom Calls For ‘Mass Exodus’ From Public Schools To Fight Indoctrination
- ‘My Agent Called’: Viral Kamala Harris Space Video Featured Child Actors
- Biden Climate Pact Hobbles US Manufacturing And Agriculture But Gives China, India, Russia A Pass
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon