BARTOW, FL. – The Bartow Police Department is investigating a crash that killed one person overnight on SR-60.
According to police, on Thursday at approximately 11:00 pm, Bartow Police Officers responded to the area of State Road 60 East and Flamingo Drive in reference to a single-vehicle traffic crash with serious injuries.
Police say a 2011 Honda Civic was traveling west on State Road 60 approaching the intersection at Flamingo Drive.
For unknown reasons, the vehicle struck the center-raised median and lost control. The vehicle ended up traveling off the south side of the roadway, crossing the opposite lanes of traffic, and struck a tree.
The vehicle overturned and came to rest on its roof.
The driver sustained serious injuries, a rear passenger sustained injury and the front passenger succumbed to injuries and was pronounced deceased at Lakeland Regional Medical Center.
“All of the passengers were identified, however, their names will not be released pending notification of next of kin,” said Bartow Police in a statement.
At this time, the investigation is ongoing, and we will update this story when more details are released.
- Two More Human Smugglers Arrested By Florida Highway Patrol, Illegal Immigrants Sent To Border Patrol
- Tunnel To Towers Foundation Pays Off Home Mortgage Of Florida Gold Star Family
- Trucking, Retail Groups Sue Biden Over Vaccine Mandate
- 1,300 Afghan Kids Were Brought To The US Without Their Parents
- Tampa Holiday Tradition Winter Village Returns With Outdoor Ice Rink And Tampa Bay Lightning Themed Fun
- Bret Michaels In Concert With Warrant, First Public Appearance In Florida In Two Years
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon