HERNANDO COUNTY, Fl. – At 1:27 a.m. Hernando County Fire and Emergency Services (HCFES) responded to a reported residential fire in the 16000 block of Pointview Rd.
Investigators say the call came in by the owner who reported a fire coming from an electrical outlet in the front bedroom.
When the two occupants exited the home, they advised dispatch that they saw flames through the roof. The first engine arrived within 9 minutes and reported heavy fire from all sides of the house.
The crew advanced a hose stream and brought the fire under control within 39 minutes.
The fire resulted in heavy damage to the interior of the home resulting in a total loss. The Florida State Fire Marshall was notified, and Red Cross assistance was provided to the occupants.
HCFES responded with 3 fire engines, 1 Ladder Truck, 2 ALS medic units, 2 Battalion Chiefs, and Fire Corps, for a total of 18 personnel.
- Naked Boston Woman Drives Golf Cart Through Florida Police Standoff, Gets Arrested
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Expresses Concern About Biden Admin Cutting Supply Of Effective Antibody Treatments
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
- “Gut Him” Florida Woman Pulls Knife On Man After Dispute Over Her Passing Gas At Dollar General
- Florida Man And Woman, In Colorful Simpsons Shirts, Arrested On Multiple Drug Charges
- “Snickers Satisfies” Florida Man Arrested After Armed Robbery Of A Snickers Bar At Wawa
- “Toll Booth Willy” Florida Man Arrested After ‘Showing It All’ At Seven Toll Booths
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.