HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. – The Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners today selected Commissioner Pat Kemp as chair, and Commissioner Kimberly Overman as vice-chair, during its annual organizational meeting. Commissioner Stacy White will serve as chaplain.
The organizational meeting followed a ceremony this morning in which one returning commissioner and two newly elected commissioners took the oath of office.
Commissioner Harry Cohen was elected to serve District 1 and Commissioner Gwendolyn “Gwen” W. Myers was elected to serve District 3. Pat Kemp was re-elected to serve Countywide District 6.
Chair Kemp has served Countywide District 6 since being elected in 2016. She has more than three decades of public service in the community and has worked as an attorney both in private practice and for Bay Area Legal Services. She currently serves on several boards related to transportation, including Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority, the Metropolitan Planning Organization, and the Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit Authority. She has two adult children.
Photos of today’s ceremony can be found here.
After choosing leadership positions, members of the BOCC selected positions on the various boards, committees, and councils on which they serve.
Some of the appointments include:
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board – Kimberly Overman
- Arts Council of Hillsborough County – Mariella Smith
- Aviation Authority – Stacy White
- CareerSource Tampa Bay – Pat Kemp
- Children’s Board of Hillsborough County – Gwendolyn “Gwen” W. Myers
- Environmental Protection Commission – Smith, chair; Kemp, vice chair
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority – Kemp, Myers, Overman, Smith
- Hospital Authority – Ken Hagan, Overman
- Juvenile Justice Board – Myers
- Metropolitan Planning Organization – Harry Cohen, Kemp, Overman, Myers, Smith, Alternate: White
- Port Authority – Cohen
- Tampa Bay Water Board of Directors – Cohen, Smith
- Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corp. – Kemp
- Tampa Sports Authority – Hagan