Last week, flanked by a handful of first-responders who face losing their jobs because of COVID-19 vaccine mandates imposed by liberal communities, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis vowed to fight forced jabs, whether imposed locally or by the Biden administration.
During an appearance in Archer, the Republican governor said he would protect jobs, and especially those of first-responders who have been “serving faithfully” throughout the pandemic, from mandated vaccines.
“You don’t just cast aside people … over this issue, over what’s basically a personal choice on their individual health,” said DeSantis. “To just throw them out like they’re chopped liver, that is just fundamentally wrong.”
The City of Gainseville enacted a policy requiring its employees to be “fully vaccinated” for Covid-19 on or before October 30, 2021, or face progressive disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Employees who work for the city had filed a lawsuit to challenge its vaccine mandates, supported by Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Attorney General Ashley Moody.
Today, the 8th Judicial Circuit of Florida granted an injunction against City of Gainesville from issuing vaccine mandates to employees.
“We welcome the court’s decision and congratulate the City of Gainesville employees on this victory,” the governor’s press secretary Christina Pushaw said in an emailed statement. “They took a courageous stand not only for their rights, but for everyone’s right to make their own private medical decisions without fear of losing their livelihoods.”
In part, the court order says, “The City of Gainesville “did not put on any evidence, at all, at the injunction hearing. Without any evidence, the Court is unable to consider whether the Vaccine Mandate serves a compelling interest through the least restrictive means, whether the Vaccine Mandate meets a strict scrutiny test, a rational basis test, or whether it meets any other standard. The City did not file any affidavits or declarations, did not submit any documentary evidence, and did not call any witnesses.”
You can read the full injunction here:
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Expresses Concern About Biden Admin Cutting Supply Of Effective Antibody Treatments
- A Message From Florida’s New Public Health Chief: The State Will ‘Completely Reject Fear As A Way Of Making Policies In Public Health’
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
- “Gut Him” Florida Woman Pulls Knife On Man After Dispute Over Her Passing Gas At Dollar General
- Florida Man And Woman, In Colorful Simpsons Shirts, Arrested On Multiple Drug Charges
- “Snickers Satisfies” Florida Man Arrested After Armed Robbery Of A Snickers Bar At Wawa
- Oops: Another Florida Pro-Mask Mandate Lib Caught Partying It Up Without A Mask
Support journalism by clicking here to our gofundme or sign up for our free newsletter by clicking here
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.
Login To Facebook From Your Browser To Leave A Comment