A Florida woman was arrested and charged with Grand Theft Auto after trying to steal a fire engine and acting erratic, according to police.
According to an affidavit, police responded to St. Augustine Beach in Florida to assist Fire Rescue crews with a lady that said she needed CPR.
Police and fire personnel asked the woman, identified as 39-year-old Kailani Jo Kroll, if she needed to be treated, Kroll responded yes.
According to police, Kroll was escorted to an ambulance where she fled on foot and was running back on forth in the street erratically.
Again, police asked her if she needed treatment, to which Kroll responded yes, and then ran away yet again.
St. Augustine Police Officer Brandon Hand said in the affidavit, “Due to no crime being committed, at this point the subject was just acting erratic, I had no reason to chase her.”
“As I was entering my vehicle, I heard loud yelling coming from the Fire Engine on 5th Street. I heard someone yell. “she’s stealing the truck.”
That’s when officers had to pull Kroll from the driver’s seat of the Fire Engine and get her into handcuffs.
According to police, Kroll began making spontaneous statements such as, “I’m sorry for trying to take the truck, I lost my marbles”.
When asked if she was under the influence of anything, Kroll told police that she had taken the “Elixir of Life.”
Kroll was booked on Grand Theft Auto, and Resisting Arrest.
- Naked Boston Woman Drives Golf Cart Through Florida Police Standoff, Gets Arrested
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
- “Gut Him” Florida Woman Pulls Knife On Man After Dispute Over Her Passing Gas At Dollar General
- Florida Man And Woman, In Colorful Simpsons Shirts, Arrested On Multiple Drug Charges
- “Snickers Satisfies” Florida Man Arrested After Armed Robbery Of A Snickers Bar At Wawa
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.