A 24-year-old Florida woman has been arrested after a road rage incident led to the woman smashing car a windows with a tire iron.
According to investigators, on Thursday, deputies responded to a crash at the intersection of Commerce Lakes Drive and Gladstone Way in Fort Myers.
They found a car had crashed into a community light and sign. A second car, with a smashed window, was also on the scene; however, not involved in the crash.
While deputies gathered details, they learned both vehicles were involved in a physically violent road rage incident on Gateway Boulevard and Daniels Parkway prior to the crash.
After speaking with the victim, Central District detectives assumed the investigation and established Shakira Garcia-Barbon, 24, as the suspect.
Detectives learned while both vehicles were traveling on Daniels Parkway and Gateway Boulevard, Garcia-Barbon became enraged because the other driver kept hitting their brakes.
Garcia-Barbon then exited her vehicle, battered the victim, and used a tire iron to smash their window.
Garcia-Barbon was arrested and charged with Burglary, Aggravated Battery, and Criminal Mischief.
- Two More Human Smugglers Arrested By Florida Highway Patrol, Illegal Immigrants Sent To Border Patrol
- Tunnel To Towers Foundation Pays Off Home Mortgage Of Florida Gold Star Family
- Trucking, Retail Groups Sue Biden Over Vaccine Mandate
- 1,300 Afghan Kids Were Brought To The US Without Their Parents
- Tampa Holiday Tradition Winter Village Returns With Outdoor Ice Rink And Tampa Bay Lightning Themed Fun
- Chappelle’s Alma Mater Walks Back Cancellation, Condemns Cancel Culture
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon