ST. PETERSBURG, FL. – The St. Petersburg Museum of History is quickly approaching its 100th birthday and will kick off a year-long centennial celebration in 1920s style on October 16, 2021, at the historic St. Petersburg Shuffleboard Club with Cocktails on the Courts.
An annual fundraising event for the Museum of History, Cocktails on the Courts is taking it back to the prohibition-era 1920s.
Guests will enjoy dancing under the stars with live music by The Black Honkeys, unlimited Florida cuisine & cocktails, a 1920s fashion show, and a live art demonstration. Bring your credit card, or 1920s checkbook, for a silent auction that benefits the county’s oldest Museum.
There will also be guest appearances by Babe Ruth and Perry Snell, as well as Museum of History founder and city leader, Mary Wheeler Eaton.
The St. Petersburg History Society arranged for the land on the Pier approach for the Museum site in 1921 and opened its doors on February 11, 1922.
Cocktails on the Court’s tickets are $75 in advance or $90 at the door. Advance tickets be purchased online here or by calling the Museum of History at 727-894-1052. Museum of History Members receive a 10% discount.
- Naked Boston Woman Drives Golf Cart Through Florida Police Standoff, Gets Arrested
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
- “Gut Him” Florida Woman Pulls Knife On Man After Dispute Over Her Passing Gas At Dollar General
- Florida Man And Woman, In Colorful Simpsons Shirts, Arrested On Multiple Drug Charges
- “Snickers Satisfies” Florida Man Arrested After Armed Robbery Of A Snickers Bar At Wawa
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon