TAMPA, FL. – A Tampa man has been arrested and charged with DUI Manslaughter after an early morning crash resulted in the death of a pedestrian.
According to police, on Thursday at 2:56 a.m., James White, 48, was driving an SUV along Highland Oaks Drive in the Hunters Green Subdivision.
While negotiating a slight curve in the roadway, White failed to maintain his lane of travel and entered the separated bicycle lane where a pedestrian was walking.
White’s vehicle struck the pedestrian and threw the victim to the side of the roadway where the victim died instantly.
White was evaluated by Tampa DUI Officers and was found to exhibit clear signs of impairment and he failed subsequent Field Sobriety Testing. White was placed under arrest for DUI Manslaughter.
The crash remains under investigation and we will update this story as details are released.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon
- Fox News’ Greg Gutfeld Smashes The Lefty Late-Night Hosts And ‘News’ Programs On Liberal Cable
- Tunnel To Towers Foundation Pays Off Home Mortgage Of Florida Gold Star Family
- Trucking, Retail Groups Sue Biden Over Vaccine Mandate
- 1,300 Afghan Kids Were Brought To The US Without Their Parents
- Tampa Holiday Tradition Winter Village Returns With Outdoor Ice Rink And Tampa Bay Lightning Themed Fun
- Bret Michaels In Concert With Warrant, First Public Appearance In Florida In Two Years