August 28, 2020
By: Staff Report, PR
TAMPA, Fla.-Tampa Bay’s number one family Halloween event, Creatures of the Night, returns to ZooTampa at Lowry Park with spooky scares and unforgettable eerie frights for ghouls and goblins of all ages.
The mostly outdoor event will take place for 11 select nights from Friday, October 2 to Saturday, October 31, and will be modified with enhanced health and safety measures to ensure safe family fun.
This year’s family friendly event is themed around campfire tales and features several new outdoor Halloween experiences and spooky characters. Due to limited capacity, date-specific tickets and reservations with timed entry are the best way to guarantee admission.
Featured Creatures of the Night attractions:
NEW for 2020:
- The Realm of the Spider Queen: Trek through a spooky spider cave and emerge at a high energy dance celebration presided by the queen.
- Siren’s Song: Enter the underwater world of the siren where she lures unsuspecting pirates with her song and transforms them to stone.
- Camp Creepstastic: Experience the only “Summer Camp” that welcomes guests in the Fall and is solely focused on telling creepy tales around the campfire.
- Dinos Out of Time: Dinos are wreaking havoc in the modern-day world. Help the explorers take the dinosaurs back to their prehistoric time.
- Pirate Party Pants: Usually dead men tell no tales, but these spooky pirates have plenty of stories to share. Join them for party full of games, dancing and a good ole jolly time.
- Clown Carousel: A caravan of clowns has set up residence around ZooTampa’s famous carousel. Come enjoy a ride and laugh with our silly pranksters!
- Twisted Tales: Enjoy everyone’s favorite villains from storybooks, from an evil queen to a wolf in grandma’s clothing, as they come to life with unexpected twists. Don’t worry, the Fairy Godmother will keep them all on their best behavior!
- Rising Waters: Experience an array of eerie encounters as the rising and falling waters of a forgotten Florida coastal town reveals it’s good, bad, and slithering inhabitants.
- Pumpkin Palooza: Frolic at a festive fall harvest set aside for the littlest of ghouls, complete with a pumpkin patch and scarecrows.
- Wicked Food: Enjoy devilish culinary delights including sinfully delicious foodie favorites and wicked cocktails.
- Creatures of the Night takes place 11 select nights from October 2-31, from 4pm to 10 p.m.
- Capacity is limited. Date and timed specific tickets and reservations are the best way to ensure admission.
- Enhanced health and safety precautions will be in place including non-invasive temperature checks, social distancing, enhanced sanitation of attractions and mask requirements in limited indoor locations. Additionally, all staff members including costumed characters will wear masks.
- Event admission options are available online:
- General admission tickets start at $24.95.
- The reservation fee for annual members and “Pay for a Day, Come Back All Year” ticket holders is $5 per person which will be reimbursed for a $5 food and merchandise voucher upon entry on the day of the reservation.
- Costume Note: Children (12 and under) are invited to arrive in their most spooktacular attire. For the comfort and safety and security of all guests, adults (ages 13 and up) may not wear Halloween masks, wigs, face paint or costumes of any kind. Toy weapons are prohibited.