At its October meeting, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) approved the creation of new regulations for spot and Atlantic croaker in state waters from the Florida-Georgia border through Miami-Dade County.
The following changes for the Atlantic coast of Florida will go into effect Oct. 6, 2021:
- Establishing a daily recreational bag limit of 50 fish per person for each species.
- Establishing the following commercial vessel limits
- Spot: 2,200 pounds.
- Atlantic croaker: 1,200 pounds
There have been recent coastwide declines in abundance and harvest of spot and Atlantic croaker. The approved changes are part of a coastwide, multi-state conservation strategy for Atlantic stocks of these species.
- Marine Who Publicly Criticized The US Afghanistan Withdrawal Will Be Released From The Brig
- Homeless Florida Woman Survives Early Morning Alligator Attack
- Pennsylvania Electrical Worker Goes On Florida Killing Spree
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- “Holy Sh*t” Woman Shoves Another Woman Into Moving NYC Subway Train, Caught On Video
- Group Representing Nation’s School Boards Asks Biden To Dispatch Federal Authorities On Parents Who Object To Left-Wing Education Practices
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon