A Florida man has been arrested for sexual battery after exchanging text messages and sexual behavior with a female patient.
According to investigators, the woman filed a report with the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office on July 22, 2021, claiming a male nurse had engaged in inappropriate sexual behavior with her on two occasions; once during her stay at a local medical facility and then again at her home after she was discharged.
Deputies say the man, 55-year-old Adams Soares Bezerra, admitted to having sexual relations with the victim on those two occasions. Bezerra stated that he believed the activity to be consensual, citing “flirty” text messages between the two subjects.
The victim told investigators that she went along with the flirty texts out of fear of retaliation if she refused Bezerra’s advances.
CCSO investigators determined that the victim was not of sound mind at the time of the incident to legally consent to the activity, resulting in an arrest warrant being issued for Bezerra on a charge of Sexual Battery.
Deputies say that Bezerra was cooperative with the investigation and turned himself in to the Charlotte County Jail on Monday, November 1st.
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon
- Illegal Alien Arrested For Attempted Murder In Florida After Slashing Man With Box Cutter
- Florida 2nd Grade Student Suspended 36 Days Over Not Wearing Mask
- Kenny Chesney Returns To The Road With Here And Now 2022, Tampa April 23
- Separate Polls, Similar Results: More Than 70% Of Americans Both Think Country Is Off Track, Disapprove Of Congress
- “Simply Recovery” Florida Woman, Owner Of Drug Rehab Clinic Arrested Selling Fentanyl To Clients