The Florida Lottery announced that Terinda Harper-Dixon, 53, of Lake City, claimed the first $1 million prize from the new GOLD RUSH LIMITED Scratch-Off game at Florida Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee.
She chose to receive her winnings as a one-time, lump-sum payment of $795,000.00.
“Telling my son was the best part,” Harper-Dixon told the Lottery. “I walked into his room and told him his parents were millionaires – needless to say he just brushed it off as a joke. It wasn’t until I pulled out the winning ticket that he stopped what he was doing and got excited with us.”
Harper-Dixon purchased her winning ticket from Stop N Go, located at 801 Northwest Lake Jeffery Road in Lake City. The retailer will receive a $2,000 bonus commission for selling the winning Scratch-Off ticket.
The Lottery’s newest $20 Scratch-Off game, GOLD RUSH LIMITED, features 32 top prizes of $5 million and 100 prizes of $1 million! Additionally, this ticket is filled with over 33,000 prizes of $1,000 to $100,000!
Scratch-Off games are an important part of the Lottery’s portfolio of games, comprising approximately 75 percent of ticket sales and generating more than $1.3 billion for the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund (EETF) in fiscal year 2020-21.
- Florida Sheriff Offers ‘Staycation’ For Whoever Lost 770 Pounds Of Marijuana
- Florida Mom Calls For ‘Mass Exodus’ From Public Schools To Fight Indoctrination
- “I Would Have Shot Him” Florida Man, 90, Punches Neighbor In The Face Twice Gets Arrested
- Florida Road Ranger Airlifted After Fiery I-75 Crash Involving Frozen Food Truck
- As Florida Appeals Court Tosses Mask-Mandate Lawsuit, Gov. DeSantis’ Office Notes The ‘Reality’ For School Masks
- Florida Teen Arrested In Homicide Of 16-Year-Old
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- “Holy Sh*t” Woman Shoves Another Woman Into Moving NYC Subway Train, Caught On Video
- Group Representing Nation’s School Boards Asks Biden To Dispatch Federal Authorities On Parents Who Object To Left-Wing Education Practices
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon