President Joe Biden’s approval rating sunk to 43%, the lowest of his presidency and six percentage points below Vice President Kamala Harris, according to a poll from Gallup.
Biden’s approval dropped six percentage points compared to August, falling from 49% to 43%, according to the results of a Gallup poll released Wednesday. Biden’s approval rating is roughly at the same level as former presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton at the earlier stages of their respective presidencies, according to Gallup.
Harris’ approval rating sat at 49%. The poll was conducted from Sept. 1 to Sept. 17, following the completion of the Biden administration’s withdrawal from Afghanistan.
The Biden administration’s handling of the withdrawal was widely criticized, with a number of controversial events occurring during the final month of the U.S. occupation including a suicide bombing at the Kabul airport that killed 13 Marines.
Biden’s approval rating among Democrats is at 90%, the lowest of his presidency compared to a high of 98% in early February, according to Gallup. Only 6% of Republicans approve of Biden’s job performance, down from a high of 12% to the lowest point of his presidency.
Biden also suffered losses in approval among independents, dropping 24 percentage points to 37% from a high of 61% in late January when he took office. Biden’s approval rating dropped 18 percentage points among independents since June.
The poll sampled 1,005 adults living in the U.S., and had a margin of error of plus or minus 4%.
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Expresses Concern About Biden Admin Cutting Supply Of Effective Antibody Treatments
- A Message From Florida’s New Public Health Chief: The State Will ‘Completely Reject Fear As A Way Of Making Policies In Public Health’
- Florida Man Steals Pickup Truck, Crashes, Pretends To Grill On Strangers Porch
- “Gut Him” Florida Woman Pulls Knife On Man After Dispute Over Her Passing Gas At Dollar General
- Florida Man And Woman, In Colorful Simpsons Shirts, Arrested On Multiple Drug Charges
- “Snickers Satisfies” Florida Man Arrested After Armed Robbery Of A Snickers Bar At Wawa
- Oops: Another Florida Pro-Mask Mandate Lib Caught Partying It Up Without A Mask
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.