PINELLAS COUNTY, FL. – On September 29, a lawsuit against a mother dying of cancer was filed by her son who claims the family dog belongs to him, now that he no longer lives at home.
Samuel Goldstein, 30, claims his mother, 69-year-old Marsha Goldstein of Tarpon Springs, “constructively gifted” a mixed breed female dog named “Cheyenne,” when he lived at his parents’ home and paid for the animal’s veterinary expenses, food, and supplies.
Stating in the lawsuit that the dog is “priceless” to him, he accuses his mother of threatening violence against him if he were to remove the dog from the family’s house.
In October 2020, Samuel “had to move,” although the lawsuit does not explain why. At that time, Marsha Goldstein refused to allow Samuel to take Cheyenne with him.
According to the lawsuit, Samuel paid for the animal’s expenses beginning in 2019 when Cheyenne was adopted into the family. It also states his mother said in 2020 that she would give Samuel the dog.
Mrs. Goldstein was contacted by The Free Press for greater details about the case. Crying, she said, “The only statement (in the lawsuit) that is true is that I’ve never been in the military.”
Mrs. Goldstein indicated she is representing herself in court. A Zoom hearing has been scheduled for November 3.
On LinkedIn, Samuel Goldstein is listed as Co-founder of “Florida for Change,” a political action committee. He is also identified as Canvassing Director for “Dream Defenders,” and Deputy Communications Director for the Florida Democratic Black Women’s Consortium. An effort to reach out to him was made, but there was no response.
Mrs. Goldstein is the author of two collections of short stories and poetry.
According to a Petition for Injunction for Protection Against Stalking which was filed on February 23, Samuel’s father is Dr. Gary M. Goldstein, a physician of internal medicine in Palm Harbor, who is the Petitioner.
In a harassment allegation, the Goldsteins have been the target of anti-Semitic hate speech and threats by a Muslim who has contacted the physician as many as 30 times a day.
Meanwhile, the Petition indicates that Marsha Goldstein suffers from inoperable cancer and that treatments have been discontinued.
- Florida Gov. DeSantis Claims Another Win, Appellate Court Overruled Judges Block On Universal Masking Ban In Schools
- POLL: Growing Number Of Americans Want Increased Funding For Police
- Trump Jr. Salutes Liberal Washington Post Backtracking From ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Whitewash Attempt
- Frontier Airlines Denies Boarding For Florida Family Taking Child To Boston For Medical Care Over Mask
- Florida Senator Claims Surgeon General Ignored Mask Request, But Huddles With Democrats While Maskless
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon