Acting United States Attorney Dennis R. Holmes announced that an Oglala, South Dakota, man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for two counts of Enticement of a Minor Using the Internet and two counts of Commercial Sex Trafficking.
Gordon Weston, age 55, was indicted on September 14, 2021. Weston appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge Daneta Wollmann on September 17, 2021, and pleaded not guilty to the Indictment.
The maximum penalty upon conviction is up to life in federal prison and/or a $250,000 fine, up to lifetime supervised release, and $100 to the Federal Crime Victims Fund for each charge. Restitution may also be ordered.
The charges relate to Weston using a cellular phone connected to the internet to persuade a female under 18 years of age to engage in prostitution and other sexual activities in South Dakota between August 2020 and February 2021. The charges are merely accusations and Weston is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Based on the evidence obtained in this investigation, authorities believe there may be additional victims of the alleged conduct. Anyone with information about this matter is encouraged to call the FBI Minneapolis Field Office at (763) 569-8000.
The investigation is being conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorney Megan Poppen is prosecuting the case.
Weston was released from custody pending trial. A trial date has been set for November 23, 2021.
- Michigan Lottery Winner Dies Before Spending His Jackpot
- Pennsylvania Electrical Worker Goes On Florida Killing Spree
- 77-Year-Old Florida Woman Killed When Front End Loader Reverses Over Her Car
- EXCLUSIVE: Jailed Marine Who Demanded Accountability Offered To Resign Under Honorable Conditions And Was Rejected
- Florida Man Arrested For Accosting And Stalking Female Trump Supporter
- Florida Man ‘Pulls A Tyson’ Bites Off Friends Ear After Transporting Drunk Woman In Wheel Barrel
- You’ve Gotta Be Nuts! Florida Man Submits To Voluntary At-Home Castration, Would-Be Urologist Gets 3 Years
- Florida Man Sticks His Hand In A Jaguar Cage At The Zoo, Jaguar 1 – Florida Man 0
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon.