HAINES CITY. FL. – The City of Haines City welcomes Edward Walker Dean as City Manager, effective Oct. 18.
“We’re excited to have Mr. Dean here in Haines City with his proven track record of success in collaboration and economic development,” Mayor Morris West said. “I’m confident that our city will continue to make incredible progress and do great things under his leadership. This is truly an exciting time for our residents, staff, and us as elected officials.”
Dean previously spent nearly three years as town manager in Greenville, Fla.
and was responsible for infrastructure upgrades, converting the volunteer fire department to a full-time dually-certified agency, and oversaw the construction of a municipal complex that included a fresh-food grocery store, senior center and youth recreation center.
Dean, who holds a bachelor’s degree in social work from Florida A&M University and a master’s degree in African American studies from Ohio State University, comes to Haines City with nearly 20 years of experience working with local, state, and federal government officials. He also owned his own consulting firm specializing in economic development, served as director of government affairs at Florida A&M, and was an advisor to multiple members of the U.S. Congress, including U.S. Senator Bill Nelson.
Dean is an avid self-help reader and enjoys listening to a wide variety of music in his spare time.
“It’s exciting to be part of a city that has progressed so much in a short period of time and has the potential for much more,” Dean said. “I appreciate the City Commission for having the confidence in me to lead Haines City and I look forward to working with our dedicated staff, commission, and residents as we continue to strive for greatness.”
- Florida Man Caught On Camera Having “Horseplay’ With A Miniature Horse
- Two Florida Teachers Arrested After Drinking, Entering Wrong Home And Shooting Man
- Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Photo Director, Wounds Producer With Prop Gun On Set Of “Rust”
- Levin: Florida Gov. DeSantis Is ‘Very Impressive,’ And ‘Done A Helluva Job’ Handling COVID
- Straight To The Top: A Rapper Turns ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Into The Most Popular Song On iTunes
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon