U.S. District Judge Charlene Edwards Honeywell has sentenced Sergio Antonio Hood, 37, Tampa, to 21 years and 10 months in federal prison for possessing ammunition as a convicted felon, obstruction of justice, and attempted witness tampering.
Hood is an Armed Career Criminal, which carries a minimum mandatory sentence of 15 years in federal prison. The court also imposed a consecutive sentence of 12 months imprisonment for Hood’s violation of federal supervised release based on the same underlying conduct.
A jury had found Hood guilty on June 8, 2021.
According to court documents, on October 27, 2019, one week after meeting and beginning a relationship with a woman, Hood showed up at her home near Ybor City.
Finding the woman sitting in a parked car with a friend, Hood pushed his assault-style rifle through the open window, pointed it at the woman’s head, and fired.
The bullet missed the woman and went through the other side of the car. At the scene, police officers found one spent 9mm bullet casing on the street. Hood was arrested on state charges the following day.
At the time of the shooting, Hood was on federal supervised release. As a result, he was transferred to federal custody to address his violations of the conditions of his supervised release. While in jail,
Hood created a false alibi and asked a witness to testify falsely at a federal court hearing regarding those violations. He was subsequently indicted by a federal grand jury and charged with being a felon in possession of ammunition, obstruction of justice, and attempted witness tampering.
- Florida Woman Punches KFC Drive-Thru Employee, Charged With Child Abuse
- POLL: Growing Number Of Americans Want Increased Funding For Police
- Trump Jr. Salutes Liberal Washington Post Backtracking From ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Whitewash Attempt
- Frontier Airlines Denies Boarding For Florida Family Taking Child To Boston For Medical Care Over Mask
- Florida Senator Claims Surgeon General Ignored Mask Request, But Huddles With Democrats While Maskless
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon