A Florida man was shot and killed by police after walking down a busy road pointing a military-style rifle at cars and cops.
On Saturday, at approximately 9:27 pm, the Tarpon Springs Police Department received several calls in reference to a white male walking down Pinellas Ave., pointing a military-style rifle at people driving by.
Officers from the Tarpon Springs Police Department located the man near the intersection of Tarpon Ave. and Pinellas Ave.
Police say there were several occupied vehicles traveling in this area at the time the officers arrived.
The male subject pointed the rifle at several of the occupied vehicles and at the responding officers.
Police then opened fire on the man striking him several times.
The officers immediately began administering first aid to the man.
Investigators say the man was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The male subject involved and the officers are not being identified at this time.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the State Attorney’s Office are actively investigating this case.
We will update this story when more details are released.
- Florida Man Caught On Camera Having “Horseplay’ With A Miniature Horse
- FBI Offering $15,000 Reward In Murder Of Florida Teen Nykeria Simmons
- Study: Florida Gov. DeSantis Ended Biden’s COVID Handouts, And “Kicked The Economy Into Overdrive”
- Sheriff Seeking Murder Suspect In Killing Of 74-Year-Old Florida Woman
- Marine Jailed After Criticizing Military Leaders For Afghanistan Withdrawal Found Guilty Of All Charges
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon