On Tuesday morning, deputies from the Polk County Sheriff’s Office arrested a man on a New Jersey warrant for murder, kidnapping, carjacking, and weapons charges.
51-year old James Lewis was taken into custody at a residence at 220 Kinghill Court SE in Winter Haven.
According to the Essex County New Jersey Prosecutor’s Office, Lewis fatally shot a man on September 18, 2021, in East Orange, New Jersey during a carjacking.
He then zip-tied the victim’s girlfriend and stole the vehicle with her in it, before crashing a short time later.
James Lewis was previously convicted for homicide in a 1989 case in which he was also convicted for robbery and possession of a weapon. He was sentenced to 40 years in prison, but only served 30 years in combined jail and prison time.
“He spent only 30 years in prison when he was sentenced to 40 years in prison for homicide, robbery, and possession of a weapon. In less than two years of being released early, he murdered again. The reason we have prisons is to keep violent and repeat criminals away from victims and innocent people in the community,” said Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd.
Following Lewis’ arrest Tuesday, a search warrant was served at the residence where he was arrested, and evidence linked to the East Orange investigation was recovered.
- Florida Man Caught On Camera Having “Horseplay’ With A Miniature Horse
- FBI Offering $15,000 Reward In Murder Of Florida Teen Nykeria Simmons
- Study: Florida Gov. DeSantis Ended Biden’s COVID Handouts, And “Kicked The Economy Into Overdrive”
- Straight To The Top: A Rapper Turns ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Into The Most Popular Song On iTunes
- Walmart Goes “Woke” Pushing CRT, Telling White Cashiers And Shelf-Stockers That They Are The Privileged Members Of ‘White Supremacy System’
Android Users, Click Here To Download The Free Press App And Never Miss A Story. It’s Free And Coming To Apple Users Soon